New setup Raspberry pi zero w2: currently not running

What is the problem?

new installation using imager. followed the guide. keep pi and raspberry as login.
stuck
The OctoPrint server is currently not running
forever

What did you already try to solve it?

restart imager and do over for many times. new micro sd card.
connected using putty, seeing this:

OctoPrint version : unknown
OctoPi version    : 1.0.0

OctoPrint version always be unkown after formatting and re-do
~/.octoprint/logs/octoprint.log
no log created
ps -ef | grep -i octoprint | grep -i python
shows nothing
pip install --force-reinstall --no-cache-dir OctoPrint
stuck in zeroconfig

Have you tried running in safe mode?

not sure how to run it in this mode

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

not sure how to run it in this mode

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Weird

How did you flash the image onto the SD card?

Thank you for your reply!
Here is how I started:
Through the imager v1.8.5
select zero w2 > octopi OS > usb drive >next
then a pop up asking for apply OS customization > edit setting > tick all the box in general tab except hidden SSID, set user name password as pi/ raspberry, wireless LAN is my home's wifi
In services tab enable ssh use password authentication > OK > back to the pop up, click yes twice > windows asks for format, cancelled it. Transfer the sd card to raspberry when done and turn on the power , let it run for ~30 mins and still see the message when open the browser with the IP

While it probably doesn't help your problem, I did the exact same sequence on a new 16GB microSD card and my Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W and OctoPrint started right up.

This at least proves that the image and your method are correct.

Could you try and check the status of the service via SSH to see why it is not running? It could be the same "illegal instruction" issue as we've seen already

do you mean using putty? what's the command?
if this is not the right way is there any instruction which I can use? thank you!

thanks! I wonder if this is the issue from my zero 2 w. I am ordering an orange pi to see if my raspberry is broke

Which Orange Pi?

I've been very happy with my Libre Computers Le Potato. I added a 32GB eMMC and installed Raspbian Bullseye and used octoprint-deploy. The Sweet Potato looks like it might be interesting also.

Is it definitely a Zero 2W? And not an original (first gen) Zero?

Yes you can check the status using sudo systemctl status octoprint.service via SSH using Putty.

pi@octopi:~ $ sudo systemctl status octoprint.service
● octoprint.service - The snappy web interface for your 3D printer
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/octoprint.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: signal) since Wed 2022-09-21 20:26:36 EDT; 1 years 7 months ago
Main PID: 219 (code=killed, signal=ILL)
CPU: 9.416s

Sep 21 20:25:57 octopi systemd[1]: Started The snappy web interface for your 3D printer.
Sep 21 20:26:36 octopi systemd[1]: octoprint.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=4/ILL
Sep 21 20:26:36 octopi systemd[1]: octoprint.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Sep 21 20:26:36 octopi systemd[1]: octoprint.service: Consumed 9.416s CPU time.

pi@octopi:~ $ ~/oprint/bin/octoprint serve --safe
Illegal instruction

pi@octopi:~ $ ~/oprint/bin/octoprint systeminfo
Illegal instruction

Is this something which you referred?

Thanks everyone for helping! I found a Charlie's reply 6d ago:

leading to

sudo -u pi ~/oprint/bin/pip install --force-reinstall -v netifaces2==0.0.21

and then

~/oprint/bin/octoprint systeminfo .

finally see the wizard !