Setting up OctoPrint on Windows

setup

In preparation of the upcoming py3 compatibility I'm working on setting up my dev environment and was wondering if these steps are going to be roughly the same? Is there a reason for using 32bit over 64bit version of python?

Setting up a Development environment in the devel version of the docs has been adjusted for "dual wielding", you might want to check that. Windows specifics are still missing though.

When I wrote these steps there were a ton of issues with the availability of 64bit eggs (there were no wheels back then IIRC) and compilation under Windows with 64bit was also an absolute nightmare. The combination of those things made it an absolute pain to get up and running, whereas 32bit just worked(TM). Things might have changed now. I'm honestly not sure if my Py3 install is 32 or 64bit :thinking:

I managed to get Yawcam to work with streaming. Now I want to add a username and password to it.
Once I added that in the Yawcam Settings, I can't seem to view the stream even after embedding the credentials in the URL like this:

http://<username>:<password>@<ip-address>:<port>/video.mjpg

It keeps popping up a login window in Chrome and when used in OctoPrint settings, it fails to render the image when I click the 'Test' button.

Is there any way to do this?

hi,
installed on Windows 10, drivers for COM installed. When I try to connect in Octoprint, I get this error:

Connecting to: COM4Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Error: Connection error, see Terminal tab"Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: COM4 SerialException: 'could not open port 'COM4': WindowsError(5, 'Access is denied.')' @ comm.py:_openSerial:2478 (hook default)Connecting to: COM4Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Error: Connection error, see Terminal tab"Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: COM4 SerialException: 'could not open port 'COM4': WindowsError(5, 'Access is denied.')' @ comm.py:_openSerial:2478 (hook default)